Rural Development Home Loans
 Home About RD Help Contact Us Login
RD Home Loans

Welcome to the Rural Development, Rural Housing Service, Home Loans Web site. As a part of USDA Rural Development, our mission is to be a cost-effective service provider that strives to help homeowners and their families remain successful homeowners throughout the term of the loan.

Our home loans are serviced by the Customer Service Center (CSC), located in St. Louis, Missouri. The CSC services mortgage loans and grants to individuals in rural areas throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Virgin Islands and the Pacific Trust Territories.

If you would like information about obtaining a home loan with Rural Development, contact your local service center.

If you have an account with us and you would like to view your mortgage account information, you must first obtain a USDA level 1 Customer ID and Password, which you can do by registering below.

If you already have a USDA level 1 or level 2 Customer ID and Password, you can Login below.


Important Information for Existing Borrowers

USDA, Rural Development (RD) recently received reports of homeowners receiving letters offering special assistance through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) and Making Home Affordable trial programs for loans that are delinquent. The letter provides a payment plan and asks the customer to complete a form to be faxed or mailed which contains private information (social security number, signature). Do not respond to this inquiry, this is not a legitimate request. If you receive a suspicious call or letter regarding your RD home loan do not follow the instructions and call us at 1-800-414-1226 to speak to a representative. If you suspect you have been a victim of identity fraud you should contact your local authorities.. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regular hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday Central Time (CT). If you are impacted by COVID 19 Rural Development may be able to assist you. Please call 1-800-414-1226, have your account number and last four digits of your social security number available and follow the prompts to speak to a representative or retrieve account information.

  • Payment Assistance: If your household income has decreased and you do not think you can make your mortgage payment, call us and ask for a Payment Assistance package. We will review the information you provide and determine if you are eligible for payment assistance or for more assistance than you currently receive.
  • Mortgage (Payment) Forbearance Guidance: Borrowers who experience financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 emergency may request and be granted an initial forbearance on or before June 30, 2021. The initial forbearance period may be up to 180 days and the borrower may request an extension of up to an additional 180 days.

    Borrowers who received an initial CARES Act forbearance before June 30, 2020, may be granted up to two additional three-month payment forbearances. The borrower must request each extension individually.

    Borrowers who received a COVID-19 forbearance under this guidance may have the interest waived that accrues on missed payments during the forbearance period. Loans may be reamortized at the conclusion of the forbearance. The term of the initial forbearance and any extension may be shortened at the borrower's request.

  • American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 -  Refinance Existing Borrowers Following COVID-19 Moratorium
    ARP provided additional funds for Section 502 and 504 direct borrowers, to remain available until September 30, 2023. Beginning May 17, 2021, the Agency will accept applications from existing Section 502 and Section 504 direct loan borrowers, to refinance outstanding loans which have been in an approved COVID-19 moratorium. Please see the links below for the application package, and fact sheet with more information:

    At a minimum, your adjusted household income must be at or below:

    Section 502 and Section 504 direct loan borrowers applying for refinancing will not be subject to: credit analysis (other than delinquent federal debt), standard repayment ratio requirements, asset limit, or program standards related to the condition of the property. Available terms for Section 502 loans are 10, 25, 30, or 33 year (in limited circumstances, a 38-year term may be available); available term for Section 504 loans is 20 years. Closing costs can be included in the loan.

    Applicants may submit the application directly to the local Rural Development office or elect to work with a loan application packager.

    • State Office locations can be found at:
    • For assistance in locating a loan application packager in your area, visit: A loan application packager ensures that applications are complete and provide all supporting documentation needed for the Agency's decision and can provide insight into the Agency's application process and regulation. Packagers may charge a fee for their services, which must be disclosed to you and which is due only if the loan closes. This fee can be included in the loan.

The USDA Customer Service Center (CSC) recently received reports of customers being contacted by someone claiming to be a CSC representative offering a special rate to bring delinquent accounts current for a fee. The caller asks the fee be paid by use of a prepaid credit card or other methods of payment that are difficult to stop or track.

Please note the USDA CSC does not accept credit cards as a form of payment. If you receive a suspicious call regarding your loan payment do not follow the instructions and call the CSC at 1-800-414-1226 to speak to a representative. If you suspect you have been a victim of fraud you should contact your local authorities.

  Login Register


Servicing Information


Steps to Avoid Foreclosure


Let Us Help You - Call 1-800-793-8861 today to see what options may be available to you.


Natural Disaster Assistance


Visit to see what assistance may be available if you were impacted by a natural disaster.


Credit Counseling


Visit for a list of certified counselors in your area or call 1-800-569-4287.

I Want To...
Register for a USDA ID and Password
Find a Form
Find Properties for Sale
Find a Service Center

RD Home Loans | | Rural Development FOIA | Accessibility Statement | Privacy Policy |
Non-Discrimination Statement | Information Quality | | White House